Thursday 16 July 2015

Being Healthy - Bircher Muslie

Breakfast... I'm obsessed!  I think about it before going to sleep, planning and imagining what's in store, even though I'm pot-bellied after dinner.  I'll eat all kinds of breakfast's from traditional English breakfast, to pancakes, to cereal, and porridge; and at anytime of the day.  Breakfast for dinner - satisfying.

So, what better way to obsess over breakfast than to be healthy while doing it.



I'm not 100% sure when Bircher Muslie passed my radar, but I know it was something my Mom originally discovered.  Thanks Mom!  Some dislike it because its rather mushy and sloppy like porridge, but I truly love it.  So I will share it :)

Ingredients: (Serves 4)


  • 1 1/2 Cups Oats
  • 1 1/3 Cups Milk
  • 60ml Apple Juice
  • 1 1/2 Cups Greek Yoghurt
  • 1 Apple
  • tbsp Honey
  • tsp Cinnamon
  • Handful of Raisins
  • Fruit/Nuts to garnish





Instructions:


Mix the oats, milk, apple juice, and yoghurt together.  Grate the apple and add to the mixture, along with the honey, cinnamon and raisins.

Store in fridge overnight.

Serve in the morning and garnish with your favourite fruit and nuts.

This is so filling you won't need anything to nibble on till lunch.  So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment